Friday, June 21, 2013

Real Talk


This trip so far has been a contradiction. I have seen the most beautiful landscape && people that I have ever seen in my life && in the next moment the sickest baby I have ever seen. 

I have felt so filled up with love from God && from the people around me & yet each day I go and hold the children who rarely feel love.

Contradiction.

Each day my stomach is full & then we go and meet people who don't have enough food for their families. 

It hurts my heart. It frustrates me & confuses me. 

Right now I am not sure how to put my feelings into words that actually make sense. I feel so much & yet can explain so little. This too frustrates me. I want everyone at home to know-truly know. And yet I know that they won't ever truly. Especially so, if I do not explain to them.

Amidst all of this frustration and confusion, my heart is so full. So so full.

No comments:

Post a Comment