Saturday, July 13, 2013

trust.

Trust: Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.


We talk about trust often. Trust in God. Trust in friends & the one that we are in love with. I don't think  a lot of people are ever forced to full on trust anyone though.

We say we trust God & we trust our friends. But I think what we mean is that we would trust them. If we ever had to.

Most of America has food & water & education. We really can function without God. If we are hungry we go to the kitchen cabinet. If we're thirsty, we get a drink. If we're sick, we go to the doctor. 

In my daily life, I am not forced to trust God. 

But that has changed since I've been back from Africa. You see, I have emotions that no one understands, nor can I put some of them into words. The English language isn't big enough for my emotions. Probably because God is bigger and waaaaayyyy more complex than our language. 

The biggest way in which I am having to trust is my future. I know bits & pieces of what I am supposed to do, but I have no idea how to get there. So I am waiting & trusting. It's scary & yet feels so good to be fully trusting God. 

I find it thrilling.

So now I am just waiting & trusting. Waiting for the next step.

"Jesus replied, you don't understand now what I am doing, but someday you will."
John 13:7



No comments:

Post a Comment